Thursday, October 18, 2007

Question 1: What does Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's death mean?

Dear Taryn,
What does Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's death mean?


(This was written in June, 2006 - Just in case you don't remember who al-Zarqawi was you can read about him here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Musab_al-Zarqawi)

Well, depends on whose opinion you want. If you ask someone in Al-Quieda, theyd probably tell you that there are 40 fewer virgins today. But, if you are asking for Taryns opinion, which Id assume you are since youre writing to me for advice or for my opinion, I'd have to say that it pretty much means that you wont be receiving any phone calls from him anytime soon, he wont be winning the lottery, he wont be vacationing to the Bahamas, he wont star in any movies, he wont go on any hot dates, he wont be doing any more terrorizing, he wont be buying any more of those dresses that he wears, he wont be buying a sweet new Prodrive P2, he wont be attending the autocross that Ill be at this weekend, he wont be stopping at the Burger King drive-thru today for lunch (or dinner), he wont go for a sunset walk tonight, he wont be riding on any camels, he wont be pumping my gas at the gas station when I go there after work today, he wont be teaching any of my classes in the fall and he wont be going to Chuck E. Cheese. But there is one thing he will do - he will be dead. Yey! Im pretty sure I am allowed to be happy about his death without being called a mean person. Well, you can call me a mean person, I am a little mean, but you cant say that Im mean for being happy about his death. TARYN

No comments: