Thursday, October 18, 2007

Living with my parents

Dear Taryn, I have a problem. I'm trying to finish college near my parents' house so I'm living at home until I eventually make money. My mom does my laundry and puts it away for me. I think there have been a few times when she found some magazines that I wouldn't really want to show my mom. What do I do?

Ok, I'm not really sure what the question is here. Is the question:

à à Question: Why am I a leech who is still sucking off my parents when I should be a self sustaining 23 year old?
Answer: I don't know, why are you trying to leech advice off of me for such a dumb situation? You're 23, figure it out yourself. Get up, get to school, get a job on the side, get an apartment and be a productive member of society.

Or, could your question be:
à à Question: Why am I going to school so close to home?
Answer: Well, I too go to a school that is only about 20 minutes from my parents' house, but the close proximity to home was just a coincidence, it's a good engineering school. I hope you're in this situation. I hope you didn't just go to a crappy school close to home because you aren't that bright. If this is the situation, though, you should probably quit. If I knew your major I'd be able to help a little more. If its something useless, definitely just quit now. If there's a chance that youd make more money working at McDonalds, then just go ahead and work there for the rest of your life, you probably won't be very successful at anything else anyways SINCE YOUR MOM IS STILL DOING YOUR LAUNDRY. Seriously, I dont like to lower the self-esteem of my readers since I like to see you succeed, but I really fear that in your situation there's really not much of a chance of you having a successful career anyways. Sorry for the bad news.

The last possible question that I think you could be asking is:
à à Question: What do I do about this whole situation with my mom seeing this slightly awkward reading material?
Answer: That's a stupid question. Figure it out yourself.

-TARYN

No comments: