Friday, October 19, 2007

Death in the family

Taryn,

My parents got divorced a long time ago and my mom died a few years after that. Recently my dad died and I think that I should bury his ashes next to my mom because they didn't get remarried or anything and they deserve to be together. What do you think?

Well, that would be a good question if instead you were asking me "Taryn, my parents divorced and both happened to slip into comas and I don't know if I should put them in the same hospital room. What would happen if they woke back up and realized that they were in the same room?" But you're not asking that. You're asking what to do with the ashes of someone who is DEAD. It doesn't matter because they are both dead. It's not like they're going to wake up tomorrow morning and roll over in bed and see that their previous spouse was lying there next to them. They're not waking up again, so it'll never be an issue. My advice - do it as cheap as possible, they won't remember it anyways.

-TARYN

No comments: